Dr. Victor MIKE-OMOLE is the Coordinator of Future Event Movement and the Director Of Studies at Maranatha Institute. In this piece, he examines the prophetic implication of the Russia-Ukraine war
The ongoing Russia–Ukraine War is not only multi-dimensional but also multifaceted. While it has both Socio-Political and Spiritual connotations, it is also filled with several parties with diverse Political and Economic interests.
Nevertheless, as a student of Bible Prophecy, I would like to approach the conflict from a Biblical perspective.
Be it known that my heart is sorrowful, and I do not rejoice over the unprecedented loss of lives and properties on both nations, yet, its prophetic significance cannot be ignored or wished away.
Questions to ponder on
Here are a few questions and answers to reflect on:
- Does Russia have reasons to feel threatened with the expansion of NATO to the East, establishing some of its military infrastructures closer to Russian borders? Yes.
- Does Russia have the right to invade Ukraine because they wish to prevent them from joining NATO? No.
- Are there other ways Russia would have approached this issue? Yes. There are several ways. Russia is a Nuclear-Capable Nation and could have threatened the West and Her NATO allies with their nuclear capability and not invading Ukraine.
Then, why the Invasion of Ukraine? Beyond the ordinary, I see a divine purpose set in motion, and this is where my Biblical perspective becomes relevant.
We understand by Scriptures that Russia has a prophetic destiny that must be accomplished in these last days, not just Russia alone, but Russia and some of her neighboring nations that must form a confederated unit with her in this Endtime.
Since this prophetic destiny must be fulfilled, then Russia’s effort to break Ukraine into several parts becomes inevitable.
Am I encouraging the war or suggesting that this invasion is divinely orchestrated? NO – Not at all.
But how did these two neighbours get here?
In 2014, the Russian government annexed Crimea, and now, on February 21, 2022, the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, officially recognized and declared Donetsk and Luhansk to be independent states. Furthermore, he expects the government of Ukraine to do the same.
Having taken these steps, Putin began a military invasion of Ukraine on February 24, 2022, pushing inward Kyiv from all sides. According to historical accounts, this is the largest military conflict in Europe since World War II. Could this be the reason some people are alleging that World War III has begun? Well, I beg to differ.
Alongside the outbreak of the Covid – 19 Pandemic, came a Global Reset. Now considering the Russia – Ukraine narratives, I see an ongoing Regional Reset running side by side with the ongoing global reset. This will not stop until the process of repositioning the Russian Federation for her prophetic destiny is complete.
Russia’s prophetic destiny
Russia and its leader have a prophetic destiny that must be fulfilled, and it requires a coalition of several nations. Russia is destined to invade Israel in this Endtime, and some of these nations that must become part of Russia’s future invasion of Israel are presently within the borders of Ukraine. So long as these prophecies must be fulfilled, then Putin’s effort to break Ukraine apart must come to pass. Consequently, knowingly or unknowingly to Vladimir Putin, the invasion of Ukraine becomes necessary in liberating these territories.
Do not forget that there are two kingdoms in this present Age, which are; the Kingdom of Darkness and the Kingdom of Light. These two are continually at war, until such a time when the kingdoms of this world shall become the Kingdom of Our Great God, as Divinely Appointed – Revelation 11:15.
We have a God who is both Omnipotent and Omniscient, and He declares the end from the very beginning, declaring those things that are not as though they are. Therefore, He has revealed ahead of time, that a day will come when Russia and several nations will join forces together and invade Israel. However, He (The Lord) will bring Russia to its ruins at that time.
To this end, the Lord has allowed this invasion to take place, not because He could not stop it, but because something good is going to come out of the conflict.
What good could we have amidst unpopular war?
Just to mention a few, here are some of the underlining spiritual benefits of the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine:
- To bring about a major revival of salvation to Ukraine and some other European countries wheresoever the Ukrainians would seek refuge.
- To take several Jews out of Russia and Ukraine in readiness for the Second Coming of Jesus (Their long-awaited Jewish Messiah). Sources in Israel say that over 5,000 Jewish immigrants have returned to Israel from Russia and Ukraine since the war broke out three weeks ago. It is on record that this is the largest Jewish migration in recent years.
- The return of the Jews from all over the world to their homeland is the fulfillment of a major Endtime Bible Prophecy which began after the Holocaust and will continue till the Rapture of the Church takes place.
- To give the world a bird-eye view of how the friends of Israel would helplessly watch Israel during the Gog and Magog Invasion according to the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 and 39.
- To help the Church (we) understand the times and seasons we are in.
Jesus was asked by His Disciples for signs of His Second Coming, amongst His several answers, He said:
“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in diverse places.”
Major sign of Jesus’ second coming
Of a truth, these are all happening simultaneously and before our very eyes.
This is a major sign of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, especially when we see all the events mentioned above happening simultaneously around the world and at a higher frequency.
There have been numerous Earthquakes in diverse places this year, wars and rumours of war in other places besides Russia and Ukraine – We hear of China warming up towards Taiwan, just waiting for the opportune moment, Iran and North Korea are not left out in this desire to attack their neighbours at any given time.
Furthermore, although the Covid-19 Pandemic seems to have been overwhelmed by the crises in Ukraine, indeed, it is not completely over yet. So, when we see Pestilences, Earthquakes, Wars and Rumours of War happening simultaneously, then, understand that it is an indication of our nearness to the soon return of Jesus Christ for His Bride.
Dr. Victor MIKE-OMOLE
Director Of Studies