The Intercontinental Overseer, Christian Social Responsibility ( CSR ), The Redeemed Christian Church Of God, Pastor Idowu Iluyomade has said Christian Social Responsibility is a matter of life and death for the church.
He stressed that the church is committed to impacting society.
He made this known at a press briefing on Sunday, July 25 announcing the donation of a dialysis centre to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital. The centre is just one in the series of interventions of the church in the last three years.
Iluyomade told journalists that the church has committed about N18.4 billion to various programmes in the last three years.
According to him, the need to expand its impact informed the idea of crowdfunding which is a win-win for partners. Those who support the charity work will benefit from a one-year insurance cover to the tune of N1m in case of any mishap which the church does not pray for.
He also explained that the charity arm of the RCCG, His Love Foundation is committed to Social, Health, Education, Media, Business, Arts and Culture, Governance, and Sports.
While giving a rundown of beneficiaries of the programme running to about 130 million people across the world he said, “We have been able to effectively reach these people through our centres. We have 43,000 operating centres all over Nigeria and in 197 nations of the earth.”
The dialysis centre, known as Enoch and Folu Adeboye Dialysis Centre will be commissioned at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State on Thursday, August 6.
He mentioned a series of other health interventions in the country stressing however that one of the church’s signature programmes is its daily free-feeding centres in Lagos.
He said, “we have 22 daily feeding centres and in three years we have served 571,996 meals.” The centres are:
- New life. Plot 5 Funso Williams Avenue Iponri
- Hope Center school, 34 Makoko Road Baale Jeje compound
- Hope Hall, 221 Apapa Road Iganmu
- City of Life. 120 Emmanuel High street Ojota
- Glittering stars Nigerian Police Barracks Iponri Station
- Chapel of Resurrection. Plot 936 13 road 6th Avenue Festac Town
- House of David, 69/71 Ogudu road Ojota
- Balm in Gilead,101 Babs Animashaun street Surulere
- Miracle Center 4 Arolahun street off Ikorodu road
- 10, City Of Joy 3, Okunola Aina street off Sumola Street Mende
- School of Bethesda school for the Blind
- Lion of Judah, Idi Oro Bus Stop Mushin Agege Motor road
- Restoration Worship Center, Mushin Bus stop
- Excellent Church 53, Anifowoshe street Somolu
- Discovery center Tantalizer building Palm Groove
- Green Pasture Arena 33 Market street Somolu
- Rehoboth Center 31-35 Bode Thomas Street off Shiloh Palm Groove
- Sanctuary Of His Excellency, Jibowu Road opp Ransome Kuti High school.
- Joy Assembly, 3 Shita Surulere
- Heaven of Wisdom, Anthony Village Off Ikorodu Road
- Rivers Of Joy, Cane Village/ Valley Ikorodu Maryland
- Restoration Of Power parish Olodi Apapa
Iluyomade: Our impact is everywhere
Beyond food, the church has over the years involved in massive social interventions. He said, “Apart from our impact in the health sector, we are also impacting the society in other Social areas – Feeding, Prison, Orphanages, Social Enterprise, Empowerment programmes, Vocational training and skills acquisition.
The church has also impacted Charity Shops, Rehabilitation centres, environmental architecture, disaster relief, & security, In the area of Education it has sponsored Free Schools, Primary School; Libraries, Professorial Chair in Mathematics, Mathematics Competition, Back to School programmes, Schools rehabilitation, Scholarships and educational Grants.”
The church has also made great strides in Media and Communications. Iluyomade said, “We sponsored the ongoing blockbuster television series Oasis and Heavens Gate. In business and economy, we have sponsored Business Master Class, The Economic outlook seminars, The Kingdom summit, Entrepreneurial Master Class, Indonesia – Nigeria Business forum, Business Network, Experience Sessions and Excel Cooperatives.
“Under Arts and Culture, we ‘midwifed’ God’s children got talents and we have impacted 168 winners. In Governance, we are involved in creating voters’ awareness and the deepening of democratic participation by the populace. We sponsored the Political Awareness programme called Faith and Politics. We engaged in mobilisation for NIN registration. We are equally active in the sporting arena – League of champions, Sports Evangelism, Sports tournaments, COD United etc.”
Read also: RCCG commits N18.4 billion to charity, donates dialysis centre to OOUTH: https://churchtimesnigeria.net/love-foundation-rccg-crowdfunding/