“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16.
The love God has towards man is immeasurable. He made us in His image, He gave us authority over every living creature. Man turned his back to God; God came in the form of a man (Jesus Christ) to die for the sin of man. He knew no sin but took our sin on Himself so that we will not end up in hell with the devil.
The devil is at war with man, the devil has vowed to stop man at all cost by all means not to get to heaven, where he (the devil) was cast out (Rev. 12:11). But Jesus Christ has paid the price for our redemption with His precious blood. Hallelujah! If we truly want to endure to the end, we must have an understanding of who is the real enemy and what is his mission. The only enemy of man is the devil also called the deceiver.
He is a master player when it comes to deception. He is the father of all liars, he can never speak the truth, even when you think he is speaking the truth, it is just because he wants to tell a lie. In his DNA is nothing but lies! lies!! lies!!!
“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.” John 8:44
The mission of the devil is to steal, kill, and destroy. He has come to steal God’s purpose for man so that man will live a purposeless life. He has come to kill man physically before his time else he discovers his purpose for living and finally to destroy the soul of man in hell, this can only be possible if a man chooses to live a disobedient life against the will of God. “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10.
Man must do everything to endure to the end that is the only way to secure eternal life in a place where there shall be no more night, no more sorrow, and no more tears.
Every reader of this book MUST make sure they make it to heaven, which is the master plan from our Creator to us His creation, where we all will continue in sweet fellowship with the Trinity. “There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.” Rev. 22:5.
The spirit of the deceiver.
“Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.” “Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.” “For false Christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand.” Matt. 24: 3-5, 11, 24, 25.
What we should be sensitive about as we endure to the end is the spirit of deception. Deception is the weapon the devil has been using, is still using, and will keep using to take many people to hell. “So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Rev. 12:9.
From the beginning, the devil used deception to make man fall away from God. He deceived the woman, Eve.
“And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived fell into transgression.” 1 Tim. 2:14. Deception can allow you to speak 95% truth just to distract the people and 5% lies which only very few will notice.
What is deception in the church of today?
1) Deception is celebrating magical acts and calling it the move of the Holy Spirit.
2) Deception is pleasing the people with the sermons they want to hear at the expense of the sermons Jesus Christ wants you to preach.
3) Deception is using the word of God to cover up your lies.
4) Deception is calling evil men-servants of the living of God, men who have made a covenant with the devil. Who put on black in the secret and white in the open.
5) Deception is when you make sinners comfortable in the church. Men who eat with the devil and come to church to eat Holy Communion.
6) Deception is serving Holy Communion to sinners in the name of performing miracles.
7) Deception is turning the church to a business center. Where everything is centered on money. In today’s church we talk more of money than prayers and the word of God.
8) Deception is when herbalists are calling themselves prophets. Example: Simon in the book of Acts. Acts 8:17-21.
9) Deception is giving you what you want so that they can take you to where they want. Example: Samson and Delilah
10) Deception is gathering the people to yourself instead of taking them to Jesus Christ. Example: When everything is centered on you and not on Jesus Christ.
11) Deception is when we use grace of God to cover sin. “What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!” Rom. 6:15.
12) Deception is when your giving determines who you become in the church. Example: Holiness is determined by what you give.
13) Deception is when Pastors are becoming more worldly than sinners.
14) Deception is when you preach Jesus Christ in public and live like the devil in secret.
15) Deception is when you turn church members to your slaves instead of disciples.
“Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Matt. 4:19.
16) Deception is when you take sexual advantage of the opposite sex.
17) Deception is when you threaten the members because they want to change the church. Example: If your church is not changing you positively change your church.
18) Deception is when we practice occultism in the church.
- A) Having sex on the altar.
- B) Burying human parts and animals on the altar.
- C) Pastors using magical cream and clothes to do miracles.
- D) Pouring of salt on the altar.
- E) Bathing for people inside the church or in the river.
- F) Everyone kneeling before the Pastor before you can talk to him.
- G) Selling of Oil, Jerusalem water, and other materials.
- H) Pastors kissing ladies in the name of casting out demons.
- I) Young girls sleeping in the church or pastor’s house for special prayers.
- J) Going to T junctions for prayers.
- K) Going to T junctions to bathe.
- L) Going to the burial ground to pray.
- M) Praying with coconut water or beach water.
- N) Praying in water and leaving it outside for days before bathing with it.
- O) Going to church with a cutlass or broom for prayers.
The first and second phases of the church.
We are living in the last season before the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. From the days of our Lord Jesus Christ, the first phase is the phase of revival. This was the season of the outpouring of the Holy Ghost. Acts 1:4-8.
The power of God was moving mightily from one nation to nation. Crusades were happening everywhere with signs and wonders following. We saw the dead rising, cripples walking and blind eyes opening all to the glory of God. No man attributed the glory to himself. The gospel was spreading like fire. No devil could stop this movement.
Righteousness reigning, holiness became what the majority of the people desired. There was no hiding place for demons. At every gathering, people were being delivered by the preaching of the word of God and scriptural prayers. This phase continued till the early 1990s.
I was privileged to receive the revelation of the root of the second season. In this revelation, the devil called for an emergency meeting with his principal demonic spirits and the agenda was how to stop the Christian movement before they take over the whole world. Then I saw a demon rise called the spirit of mammon and he said to the devil, the only way we can stop them is to give them want they lacked, then the devil said what? And the demonic spirit shouted with loud voice money!
Remember, the scripture warned us, “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.” 1 Tim.6:10.
Demons know and fear the word of God more than us. They understand the power in the word of God. “You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!” James 2:19. The devil doesn’t fear our noise-making; the only thing he fears is the written word of God. Remember, when the devil confronted Jesus Christ, all Jesus kept saying was it is written. Luke 4.
The spirit of mammon takes over
The spirit of mammon said to the devil, let us make them love money, money will bring disunity among them, money will make them lose focus of their Jesus Christ, money will make them seek for alternatives, money will bring covetousness and envy into their midst. This was the beginning of what led to mega-churches. The spirit of mammon brought in competition. That’s when we started saying my church is bigger than yours. That’s when we started choosing where to preach. That’s what led to asking for money before preaching or singing. The love for money is what is motivating us. It is the number of the congregation that determines what motivates us.
Pastors started building barriers around their lives when money became the center of everything we do in church. 90% of prayers, fasting, and preaching are centered on money not on knowing God. People are not coming to church because they want to know or serve God, they are coming because they want money. That’s why you see that people have stayed long in church but they are yet to be Christ-like in nature. It is because they’re not looking for Jesus Christ, they are just looking for a better life. That’s why we see lots of pretense in the church.
Open-air crusades are now becoming obsolete. We wanted to start gathering the people for ourselves. This was what led to numerical growth competition. This was how the church became worldly. Prosperity message took over holiness sermons. In the past, everyone sat anywhere in the church. Your hunger for the word of God is what puts you in the front row, but when the prosperity message came, we started reserving the front row seats for the rich who will always come late but are ready to give bigger offerings. We started allowing the rich to have more say in the church and dictate the sermons we should preach.
Read also: Jesus is coming soon: A lamentation from hell by Pastor Gbenga Odubanjo: http://Jesus is Coming Soon: A Lamentation from hell by Pastor Gbenga Odubanjo
When managers became pastors
Suddenly, we started allowing managers of companies to head our churches so that they can use their financial resources to build the church building and also invite their manager friends to the church. So, the church became a club of wealthy sinners in the clothing of priests. “And no wonder! For Satan, himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.” 2 Cor. 11:14-15.
The pastors of today are called by the weight of their pockets and not by the purity of their hearts. We have relegated the Holy Spirit in today’s church; we now run the church with managerial skills only.
The church of today is bigger and looks more beautiful in terms of its building but we hardly see or hear God in the building. The church workers of today are men and women who dine with the devil during the week and come to church on Sunday with the heart of pretense.
After the spirit of mammon came into the church, soon after came the spirit of immorality. That’s why the level of fornication and adultery in the church now is uncontrollable, from the pulpit to the pew. This is what led to pastors sleeping with women on the altar, just to pollute everywhere so that the Spirit of God will leave the church because our God can’t behold iniquity.
The revival of the past
In the days of revival, it was taboo to dress to church as a woman the way many are dressing today, is it that God has changed, please who sold the idea of fitted clothing’s to us? Is it not to distract us in the church when we are worshiping our Heavenly Father? How come men that plate their hair and put on earrings are allowed in the church even to become church workers? The question is who tutored them? Whose disciples, are they? We use unholy singers to sing holy songs and we expect the power of God to move in the service. We now use demon-filled talented young men and women to invite the Holy Spirit into the church. What an abomination!
In this second phase of the prosperity message, the church is more interested in material growth more than spiritual growth. The prosperity message has brought the world into the church. But the irony is that instead of the church changing the world, the world is changing the church. This is why churches are increasing in membership and yet we are having more crimes happening, and hotels are filled with young boys and girls doing drugs.
It is in this phase we share testimonies of how many cars and houses we have built. No one is testifying of their encounter with Jesus Christ. The pastors are now more conscious of their looks than the move of the Holy Spirit. I just wonder how we expect unholy pastors to raise holy members. Jesus said, “Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.” Matt. 15:14.
The last phase:
The last phase of the church is when our Lord Jesus Christ will return to take the saints home. We are already in the season. The message of this phase is preparation for the Lord’s coming. It’s not a season to amass wealth for self but to distribute it so that you can have treasures in heaven. There is nothing new under the sun. He (Jesus Christ) is delaying His coming because the gospel is yet to reach everywhere and everyone.
The duty of the church is to cleanse herself from every ungodly act, prepare the saints for the return of our Saviour, reach out to sinners with the love of God, and warn the world that destruction is coming they should take shelter under the covering of Jesus Christ.
The Church is the custodian of the truth and is to speak out nothing but the truth. We must stand out and not let anyone stain the image of the church, our prayers should be, and we must not miss the rapture. Every church program now is not about taking over the world but about our departure from the world. The time for our departure is closer now.
“And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.” Rom 13:11-14.
There is a big distraction going on in the church today. We are focusing on the past instead of focusing on the future. The past is the prosperity message. The future is our Saviour Jesus Christ is about to return to take the saints home. The church is to prepare us with the message of eternal life, the message of living right with God and with man. The time is truly short.
This is not the time to build empires but to build the heart of men, to cleanse our garments from the stains of iniquity, to forgive those that have hurt us so that our Heavenly Father will forgive us of our sins. Heaven is prepared to receive us into our new home. We must get ready for the King of glory, who is coming to take us home. This is the eleventh hour we are very close to the day of our departure.
The message of the church now is ‘Holiness! Holiness!! Holiness!!!’ Our God cannot behold iniquity. Holiness is the only ticket that will take us to heaven. “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14
How to endure to the end:
1) You must be born again
2) You must be a faithful steward of Christ Jesus
3) You must be a committed student of the word of God
4) You must be a praying Christian
5) You must live a fulfilled life
6) You must be in regular fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
7) You must surround yourself with faithful Christians.
This is your best opportunity to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour If you are yet to do so. please confess these words:
My Lord Jesus, I come to you as a sinner, forgive me for my wrong doings. I believe in my heart today, that You died for me to live; You shed Your blood for my redemption. I accept You now, as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You for saving me, in Jesus’ Mighty name, Amen!
Go, and sin no more. John 8:11.
- Heavenly Father, give me the grace to endure to the end.
- My God, help me to live a life well pleasing to You.
- Lord Jesus, deliver me from the things that what to pull me out of the Christian fold.
- Holy Ghost, deliver me from the hands of deceivers.
- Lord Jesus, deliver me from occultic Pastors and Prophets.
- My God, deliver me from going to the church of Satan.
- Holy Spirit, open my eyes not to be carried away with satanic signs and wonders.
- I refuse to be prey to the devil.
- Holy Ghost, deliver me from every evil doctrine.
- My God, fill me with more of You.
The hard copy of this booklet is produced and given out for free. You may want to support its production: kindly feel free to send your donation to Zion Publications Access Bank: 0036425262 or First Bank: 2004669005